Sunday 8 November 2009

Ocean and a Rock

Mood: Contemplative
Reading: Frankenstein
Music: Lisa Hannigan

Quotes:

"The building is farting!" - Me
"That's a long one...that's what she said" - Megan
we erupt in immature laughter

"Happy Christmas Harry!" in high falsetto voice from the guys walking in the hallway



Lolcatz:

I've had a pretty great weekend so far. Went out pubbin on Friday night. Ended up going to Chequers, The Turl, and the Royal Oak. Now the Royal Oak is a great pub. Low ceilings, lots of rooms that wander around, reasonable priced ale...its a hobbit pub. And because it was my 6th stop on the Ale Trail, I was able to get my tshirt. Huzzah! First epic win of the night.

When we got back to CMRS, I made myself a giant plate of spaghetti and it was delicious. Then there was a dance party in one of the guy's rooms dubbed the "Love Shack". More than 10 people crammed into a small room, jamming out to Billy Jean, Don't Stop Believing, Sweet Home Alabama, and Bohemian Rhapsody makes for a great time, I don't care who you are. Once I got back in the common room, there was yet another jam session, this time of Floggin Molly. The musical choices of the night were a WIN.

On Saturday, the Ashmolean museum reopened after having been closed rennovations and additions. I have not yet gone to it, but I look forward to later in the week. I've been there before and you will always find something new and awesome to gawk at. With the new additions, I know it will be an adventure to wander among the rooms and hallways. Night at the Museum anyone? That would be awesome. Of course last time I was there they were fresh out of mystical amulets that allowed inanimate objects to come to life. Darn.

Instead, I spent all day inside reading An Equal Stillness by Francesca Kay. It's a great book. A story of an artist and her life struggling through marriage, parenthood, love, personal accomplishment, and her art. Beautifully written and full of rich imagery.

Now, as much as all of that sounds great, the best part of my weekend was getting to talk to my boyfriend for an hour and a half last night. Granted, that meant I was up way late, but I didn't mind. Talking to him is well worth the lack of sleep I get.

Alright...now I'm off to actually do some work. My room is never as clean or my iTunes as loud as when I have a paper to write. Over the years I've gotten quite good at procrastinating. Being in Oxford is no different.

Until then...stay classy Planet Earth

"Thoughts of you warm my bones. I'm on my way, I'm nearly home. Let's get lost. Me and you. An ocean and a rock is nothing to me." ~Lisa Hannigan, Ocean and a Rock

No comments:

Post a Comment